Friday, October 16, 2009

Political Paul


Here's an item from Paul back in December from a Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee email:



It was one of my life's proudest achievements.



More than the films, more than the awards - finding out that I was on Nixon's Enemies List meant that I was doing something right.



Nixon didn't like my campaigning for Democratic presidential candidate Eugene McCarthy.  But then again, he didn't much care for debate, dissent, or the Constitution either. 



I was proud to stand with Democrats against an imperial president back then.  And I am proud now to stand with a new generation of Democrats against a president who poses what I believe to be the biggest internal threat to American democracy in my lifetime. 
2008-01-30 01:31:55 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment