Friday, October 16, 2009

Entry for January 12, 2009


There's been so much written about Paul these past few months, it's hard to find all the new nuggets of information. But while I continue to sort through it all, Noel Jameson in Boone, NC compiled this list of PLN quotes that capture both Paul's wisdom and his winking sense of humor. #12 sums it up very nicely.





1. “If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.”



2. "I don't like to discuss my marriage, but I will tell you something which may sound corny but which happens to be true. I have steak at home. Why should I go out for hamburger?"



3. “People stay married because they want to, not because the doors are locked.”



4. “You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career.”



5. “If you don't have enemies, you don't have character.”



6. “Show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser.”



7. “Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.”



8. "I don't think there's anything exceptional or noble in being philanthropic. It's the other attitude that confuses me."



9. "The embarrassing thing is that the salad dressing is out grossing my films."



10. "When I realized I was going to have to be a whore, to put my face on the label, I decided that the only way I could do it was to give away all the money we make."



11. "Building weapons that we don’t need, don’t work, and aren’t necessary, and have no mission—that’s not bad politics, that’s robbery."



12. "I have taken roads that I wished I had not traveled on. And I'm traveling on some pretty exciting ones, too. Just hope when you get to that great racetrack in the sky, that the balance will tip slightly into those things that you'd be proud of."



2009-01-12 19:23:46 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment