Friday, October 16, 2009

The End of a Fantastic Career


photo
So PLN announced on "Good Morning America" last week that he would be "closing the book" on his acting career. To quote the man, the myth, the legend: "I'm not able to work anymore as an actor and still at the level that I would want to. I'm just, you know, you start to lose your memory, you start to lose your confidence, you start to lose your invention. So I think that's pretty much a closed book for me."



While I'm very sad to see him end his movie career, I am thankful for the wonderful films he's provided us with and the fact that he will continue to devote his time to his charitable and environmental pursuits. It is a blessing that he chose to finish his career after the delightful Cars, and spared us all the pain of having to watch him in made-for-tv movies (ahem, Katharine Hepburn) or as a charicature of his own persona (ahem, Marlon Brando). Stay tuned for the next chapter in a most exciting life. 
2007-05-28 21:49:34 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment