Friday, October 16, 2009

April 2005: Newman's Outfitters



After many years (and many cross-country trips), I finally decided to stop as I sped through Ohio in Shaker Heights to see the site of Newman's Outfitters, the Newman family sporting goods store. I diligently located 20180 Van Aken Blvd and the strip mall that occupies it... only to find that nothing was listed with that name. Never one to be easily deterred, I got out of the car as it started to sprinkle and peered in the window of 20180. There on the floor was the sign that previously was on the outside of the now empty building. Newman's Outfitters it once was, but now, no longer. I have yet to find any info on the web about the closing (or relocation) of the Newman family business. Anyone in Ohio have any?
2007-03-13 22:47:36 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment